ORS Hospital was founded as a special hospital for plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery on December 25 2002 in Belgrade. It has grown out of the Aesthetic and Hand Center private practice in Pančevo, which operated from 1997 through 2002.
Our priorities are:
- early diagnostics of melanoma
- modern surgical techniques in the domain of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery
- development of new diagnostic and surgical procedures
- education of patients
To accomplish this set goal, the hospital has provided a specifically trained personnel, adequate space and equipment.
Our hospital is the founder of dermoscopic education of doctors in Serbia. Education has been started 10 years ago, and over 350 doctors from Serbia and the region were enabled in the field of dermoscopy, through our 18 seminars in dermoscopy.
Doctor Jadran Bandić is a member of the Board of the International Dermoscopy Society since 2004.
We have a standing cooperation with the International Dermoscopy Society since then. We have taken part along them in setting the global standards in Dermoscopy. .
ORS Hospital is a regular participant in the science-research projects of the Ministry of Science of Republic of Serbia..
- "Digital multispectral dermoscope for early diagnostics of pigmented skin tumors and melanoma"- project No.: 451-01-00065/2008-01/51 ( 2008-2010)
- Projecting and constructing a device for early diagnostics of pigmented skin tumors and melanoma – project No. - TR6349 i
- Expert system for early diagnostics of pigmented skin tumors and melanoma on the basis of optical spectrometry - IP8091
- Development of new methods and techniques for early diagnostics of cervical cancer, colon cancer, oral cavity cancer and melanoma on the basis of a digital image and excitation-emission spectrums in the visible and infrared domains - III 41006